SSC-R de Cavite welcomes the Cavite Historical Society
As part of the Quadticentennial celebrations, the SSC-R de Cavite Religious Administrators welcomed members of the Cavite Historical Society (CHS) in a meeting at the St. Thomas of Villanova Main Campus Library last September 19, 2015. The President of the CHS, former Prime Minister Cesar E. A. Virata, met with Rev. Fr. Emilio Edgardo Quilatan, OAR, HED (Dean of the Studies of Recoletos School of Theology), Rev. Fr. Cristituto A. Palomar, OAR (President of SSC-RdC), and Rev. Fr. Felipe U. Rollon, Jr., OAR (Vice President for Student Welfare). The meeting was significant in the light of orienting Caviteños about the continuing presence of the Recollects in the province of Cavite, such as the propagation of the devotion to St. Ezekiel Moreno. The CHS members also offered their assistance in reclaiming the are wherein the belfry of the St. Nicholas Parish Church remains, a monument of the then Sta.Monica College run by the Augustinian Recollect sisters.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Invitation: Canonical Installation as new Parish Priest of Santuario Arquidiocesano de Nuestra Señora del Carmen, La Limpia
- LECTIO DIVINA: 21st Sunday in Ordinary Time, Cycle C
- Healing through the Intercession of Saint Ezekiel Moreno: A Testimony
- OAR Fathers and FORSOAR gathering: Reliving the spirit of fraternity and communion!
- Invitation: Solemn Installation as Parish Priest of San Nicolas de Tolentino Parish