Only for Children
Someone says there is a great sign over the gate of heaven which reads “CHILDREN ONLY”. And if that worries you, I am told that there is another notice on the gate which reads “ADULTS WILL BE ADMITTED IF ACCOMPANIED by CHILDREN”.
Jesus did say that the gate into eternal life is small. Certainly the entrance to the Kingdom is small and narrow. Only a child will fir it. It’s a mysterious gate. It opens when it sees a child! And a child has no problem with that wonder. It is the adult who wants to have control, to make sure he has the key. The child will trust that the gate will be opened for him.
The kingdom is a gift. . . we cannot control it. Accept it like a little child. Each of us is invited in.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- SSC–R Manila celebrates 80th Founding Anniversary
- February 2021 Recollection Materials: HE EMPTIED HIMSELF
- Thomasian CEDO creates network of donors and beneficiaries through Abag Recoleto Operations
- LECTIO DIVINA: 4th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Cycle B
- Invitation: Presbyteral Ordination (Province of Sto. Tomas de Villanueva)