Pointless points . . .
Of Busy Religious
The apostolate must be a work of Christian love or it comes to nothing. Can it be questioned that religious devoted to the spread of God’s kingdom are not moved by Christian love? To expand God’s kingdom is surely a labor of love, love of God and love of neighbor. Indeed! But who is my neighbor? Is my neighbor only the person out there, someone beyond the confines of my religious congregation?
Love has priorities, and so has the apostolate. This is something that we religious can easily forget. Perhaps we sometimes do forget. If there is any truth to the saying that charity begins at home, then should we not start practicing charity among ourselves in religious houses before we go on our work outside the convent?
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Fray Bernard Amparado, OAR is new Prior Provincial-elect
- Invitation: What is ARCORES Filipinas (Webinar)
- LECTIO DIVINA: Sixth Sunday of Easter, Cycle C
- CST-R CEDO, Lunhaw-Diocese of San Carlos Collab for Eco-Team Building 2022
- Recollection Material – May 2022: The Synodal Journey of the Pilgrim and Missionary People of God