November 18, 2015
In the parable, money is just a metaphor. The underlying message is: What we have received is not for us alone; it is to be shared and thereby multiplied. We are mere stewards, pure and simple. Not just of money – but of talent, aptitude, opportunity, health, heritage, industriousness – everything. It’s all gift, no matter how hard we seem to have worked for it. Not a single gift is intended mainly for us, the caretakers. It is to be given, not kept. If we don’t see to it that it benefits everyone else, then we’ve failed, and we’ve lost everything we had been given.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Fray Bernard Amparado, OAR is new Prior Provincial-elect
- Invitation: What is ARCORES Filipinas (Webinar)
- LECTIO DIVINA: Sixth Sunday of Easter, Cycle C
- CST-R CEDO, Lunhaw-Diocese of San Carlos Collab for Eco-Team Building 2022
- Recollection Material – May 2022: The Synodal Journey of the Pilgrim and Missionary People of God