Pointless Points ….
Every preacher has experienced it. It usually occurs at the door of the church where people are speaking to the preacher as they leave the church.
It goes like this:
“That was a fine lesson you gave in your homily. I know certain people have a problem with that,” he/she says while nodding toward a brother/sister in Christ.
Some take the lesson and use it to hammer someone else. It makes me sad to know that the message means so little to the hearers and that they can so quickly brush it off and point it at someone else.
Whatever motive they attach to it, it is still a gossip. A good way to put a stop to gossips: Just let people know you will not be a party to gossip….
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Reflection on the 4th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Cycle B
- SSC–R Manila celebrates 80th Founding Anniversary
- February 2021 Recollection Materials: HE EMPTIED HIMSELF
- Thomasian CEDO creates network of donors and beneficiaries through Abag Recoleto Operations
- LECTIO DIVINA: 4th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Cycle B