This is one of my favorites!
An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy. “It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves.
One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, worry, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.
The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith.
This same fight is going on inside you – and inside every other person, too.”
The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?”
The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Invitation: Canonical Installation as new Parish Priest of Santuario Arquidiocesano de Nuestra Señora del Carmen, La Limpia
- LECTIO DIVINA: 21st Sunday in Ordinary Time, Cycle C
- Healing through the Intercession of Saint Ezekiel Moreno: A Testimony
- OAR Fathers and FORSOAR gathering: Reliving the spirit of fraternity and communion!
- Invitation: Solemn Installation as Parish Priest of San Nicolas de Tolentino Parish