Tuesday of the 3rd Week of Ordinary Time
“Whoever does the will of God is my brother, sister and mother.” -Mk 3:35 Jesus undid the disobedience of Adam, and by God’s super-grace, His mother Mary undid that of Eve. Adam and Eve, desiring to be gods, ate the forbidden fruit that brought death into paradise. Jesus obeyed His Father’s will, gave up being God to become man and be punished for Adam’s sins. Mary obeyed God, accepting the difficulties of motherhood without the pleasure of Eve’s forbidden fruit. Jesus’ sacrifice restored our status of being God’s children like Adam and Eve before they sinned. The Holy Spirit gives us this new life at baptism then guides us to eternal Paradise. Let us imitate the obedience of Jesus and Mary so we may share the warmth of the Father’s love as a family. And eat the fruits of the Holy Spirit (Gal 5:22-23) which among others is love, joy, peace, kindness and goodness.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Invitation: Presbyteral Ordination August 2021 (Province of St. Ezekiel Moreno)
- Invitation: SEMoNoRe Novena and Fiesta Mass Schedule
- Recollection Material for August 2021: MUSIC, A SERVICE OF LOVE
- Sunday Reflection: 18th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Cycle B
- RECOLLECTION MATERIAL FOR AUGUST 2021: Music, the Craft of Lovers