Thursday of the Seventh Week in Ordinary Time
Today we are strongly warned.
The 1st Reading says: “Rely not on your strength in following the desires of your heart. Say not: ‘Who can prevail against me?’ for God will surely exact the punishment. Say not: ‘I have sinned, yet what has befallen me?’ for the Most High bides his time. Of forgiveness be not overconfident, adding sin upon sin. Say not: ‘Great is his mercy; my many sins he will forgive.’ for mercy and anger alike are with him; upon the wicked alights his wrath. Delay not your conversion to the LORD, put it not off from day to day for suddenly his wrath flames forth; at the time of vengeance you will be destroyed. Rely not upon dishonest wealth, for it will be no help on the day of wrath.”
In the Gospel, Jesus warns that on the day of wrath, sinners will be thrown into hell, to be eaten by worms in never-ending fire. Let us take salvation seriously.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Fray Bernard Amparado, OAR is new Prior Provincial-elect
- Invitation: What is ARCORES Filipinas (Webinar)
- LECTIO DIVINA: Sixth Sunday of Easter, Cycle C
- CST-R CEDO, Lunhaw-Diocese of San Carlos Collab for Eco-Team Building 2022
- Recollection Material – May 2022: The Synodal Journey of the Pilgrim and Missionary People of God