16th Sunday in Ordinary Time (Cycle A) – Reflection
The Parable of the weeds and the wheat teaches us that God’s wisdom is always beyond our human expectations. When we see weeds (evil) would think that they should be uprooted instantly as we see it. But God sees that when weeds are pulled out sometimes they take with them the wheat, weeds can be a source of strength for the wheat, evil can make the good in us stand out. It is when we are tried that we become humble and dependent in His graces. St. Paul would say, “it is in weakness that power reaches perfection,” so we have to be joyful when evil seems to triumph for God’s grace and presence is in us. The devil tries only those who are God’s, those who are his own are always at peace with themselves and for themselves alone.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Invitation: Presbyteral Ordination August 2021 (Province of St. Ezekiel Moreno)
- Invitation: SEMoNoRe Novena and Fiesta Mass Schedule
- Recollection Material for August 2021: MUSIC, A SERVICE OF LOVE
- Sunday Reflection: 18th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Cycle B
- RECOLLECTION MATERIAL FOR AUGUST 2021: Music, the Craft of Lovers