12th Sunday in Ordinary Time
Reflection: We all have fears, whether they have rational grounds or none. Many people today are afraid things that are merely aethetics and are not necessary for life, but are seen to be necessary. Sometimes also our own security is compromised and fear sets in.
But Jesus reminds us today that there is a fear that is beneficial to us, a fear that will lead us to heaven, this is the Fear of the Lord. This fear is a holy fear, it reminds us that the only thing we have to afraid of is to love the Lord less, to excuse ourselves from loving Him and our brothers and sisters.
Jesus points to us that human anxiety can lead us to danger, even to commit sin and sever our union with God and others. So we have to make clear in our minds that we have to fear nothing earthly. We have to be convinced that when we are with God, who can be against us.
Let us, therefore, ask the Holy Spirit to give us the grace of Holy Fear of God that we may live with love for God and avoid anything that will cut off our union with Him.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Invitation: Presbyteral Ordination August 2021 (Province of St. Ezekiel Moreno)
- Invitation: SEMoNoRe Novena and Fiesta Mass Schedule
- Recollection Material for August 2021: MUSIC, A SERVICE OF LOVE
- Sunday Reflection: 18th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Cycle B
- RECOLLECTION MATERIAL FOR AUGUST 2021: Music, the Craft of Lovers