20th Sunday in Ordinary Time
Reflection: Up to what extent can your faith go?
Our gospel this Sunday invites to see what kind of faith a mother has just to find healing for her child. She trampled down many barriers, either cultural or religious barriers. This is what love is all about for the mother, but Jesus saw in her a deeper motive, she saw Jesus as the only one who can heal her child.
Here we can see the interplay of the three Theological Virtues, faith, hope, and love.
The Phoenician woman displayed to us that when all means have fallen short we have to have faith in God and put our hope in Him, because love urges us to do such.
May the faith of this woman enrich our faith and may she become for us a sure model towards seeing Jesus as He is.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Invitation: SEMoNoRe Novena and Fiesta Mass Schedule
- Recollection Material for August 2021: MUSIC, A SERVICE OF LOVE
- Sunday Reflection: 18th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Cycle B
- RECOLLECTION MATERIAL FOR AUGUST 2021: Music, the Craft of Lovers
- Prior Provincial tours 3 OAR sites during Recoletos de San Carlos Visit