Fray Caparas defends Dissertation, achieves title and Latin award
University of Sto. Tomas, MANILA—Rev. Fr. Radni Caparas, OAR defended his dissertation entitled “The Christology of Saint Augustine in the Writings of Benedict XVI.” Fr. Rodel Aligan, OP, was the chairman of the Panel of Evaluators with Fr. Jose Antonio Aureada, OP, Fr. Virgilio Ojoy, OP, Fr. Jannel Abogado, OP, and Fr. Rolando Mactal, OP, as members. Msgr. Sabino Vengco Jr., HP, SThD, guided Fr. Caparas as his adviser.
The defense started at 3:05 PM at the UST Ecclesiastical Building. Fr. Caparas, OAR passed the dissertation defense and merited the title Doctor of Sacred Theology with the Latin Award of Magna Cum Laude.
His lectio coram was postponed to September 17, 2018 due to the upcoming super typhoon Ompong.
Currently, Fr. Radni Caparas, OAR, is the Dean of Studies of the Recoletos School of Theology in Quezon City.
Congratulations Fr. Radni Caparas, OAR, SThD!
(Fray Ralp Andrew Cepe, OAR)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Fray Robin Ross Plata, OAR
- Invitation: Presbyteral Ordination August 2021 (Province of St. Ezekiel Moreno)
- Invitation: SEMoNoRe Novena and Fiesta Mass Schedule
- Recollection Material for August 2021: MUSIC, A SERVICE OF LOVE
- Sunday Reflection: 18th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Cycle B
- RECOLLECTION MATERIAL FOR AUGUST 2021: Music, the Craft of Lovers