What's New in the New Year?
So what’s really new with the New Year 2020? Try to reflect for a moment and ask yourselves what’s really new in 2020? What is so happy about the New Year? If you happen to look at the headlines today you will notice that the news only proclaims that year after year, nothing has really changed. News is the same the world over: corruption in the government, poverty, drug-related cases, murders, rape, exploitation of the poor and the powerless, greed, peace talks but only peace talks, still a lot of killings—brothers against brothers. Is there something to hope for? Even our new year’s resolutions are broken on New Year’s day!
I am not acting as killjoy much less hopeless. I am simply implying that January 2020, will just be another date in the calendar unless we start changing from within…. unless each one of us will change our heart.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Fray Onz Antonio, OAR
- Invitation: Presbyteral Ordination August 2021 (Province of St. Ezekiel Moreno)
- Invitation: SEMoNoRe Novena and Fiesta Mass Schedule
- Recollection Material for August 2021: MUSIC, A SERVICE OF LOVE
- Sunday Reflection: 18th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Cycle B
- RECOLLECTION MATERIAL FOR AUGUST 2021: Music, the Craft of Lovers