CAS teacher named ‘honorable mention’ at a debate in Indonesia
CEBU CITY–Corina Encabo, a professor of the USJ-R College of Arts and Sciences, rose as the top debater in a tournament held in Jakarta, Indonesia. There were 51 participants who represented different countries in the International Model United Nations. Although she hails from the Philippines, Encabo represented Barbados in the academic discourse which centered on how to proliferate education to children in conflicted areas. The said event was organized by the United Nations through UNESCO, UNICEF, and WHO. It was held on February 6 to 8 this year. Moreover, she also participated as a volunteer in the Macau International Work Camp on June 12-21 last year. As an international volunteer, she helped organize the Na-Tacha Festival and was educated on heritage conservation. She paid a courtesy visit to the University President on February 13 to share her success.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Sunday Reflection: 12th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Cycle B
- LECTIO DIVINA: XII Sunday in Ordinary Time, Cycle B
- RFC Formands instituted as Lectors and Acolytes
- Recoletos de Antipolo welcomes Prior Provincial for Renewal Visit
- Fr. Provincial to Recoletos de Urbiztondo: “Remain to be the source of unity”