In Pictures: Recoletos de Negros Oriental conducts ARSE 2020
NEGROS ORIENTAL—Members of the Augustinian Recollect communities in Negros Oriental—Recoletos de Valencia, Recoletos de Caidiocan, and Recoletos de Tambo—conducted the annual retreat in the first week of December 2020. Otherwise known as the Augustinian Recollect Spiritual Exercises or ARSE, the retreat lasted for three days. Pursuant to the tripartite agreement of the three priors (Fray Enrico Peter Silab of Valencia, Fray Jay Parilla of Caidiocan, and Fray Cirilo Andan of Tambo), the retreat was hosted in turns by each of the three communities. Recoletos de Valencia hosted the ARSE on the first of December. Recoletos de Caidiocan served as the host on the second of December. The last day was hosted by Recoletos de Tambo on the fourth of December.
ARSE is usually done in batches in the Talavera House of Prayer-Recoletos in Cebu City. But due to extended pandemic with lots of travel restrictions, risk of mass gathering and changing health protocols from region to another, the Provincial Council has determined that ARSE 2020 will be by community.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Fray Jessriel Marcha, OAR
- Invitation: SEMoNoRe Novena and Fiesta Mass Schedule
- Recollection Material for August 2021: MUSIC, A SERVICE OF LOVE
- Sunday Reflection: 18th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Cycle B
- RECOLLECTION MATERIAL FOR AUGUST 2021: Music, the Craft of Lovers
- Prior Provincial tours 3 OAR sites during Recoletos de San Carlos Visit