1947       Foundation of what was then Colegio de San Jose-Recoletos. 1951       A two-storey college building fronting Magallanes St. was built. 1959       Construction of San Agustin Hall Annex to Extend the whole length of the old structure. 1979 & 1985      Awarded “Outstanding Institution of Learning” by the City and Province of Cebu. 1980       Additional site…

Read More

June 1941            Foundation of the Occidental Negros Institute in Talisay town by Drs. Antonio Lizares and Francisco Kilayko. WW II atrocities stopped its operations in December 1941. 1946       The owners re-opened the school but this time somewhere is Luzuriaga and Locsin Sts. In Bacolod. 1950       All colleges and Department were transferred to the 5-hectare Land…

Read More

ARRIVAL OF THE CHRISTIANITY IN TAIWAN 1926       Spanish station for Japan-bound galleon trade was built in northern Taiwan with the fort named Santisima Trinidad. Start of Christianization and the establishment of a city named San Salvador. A church was built and administered by. Fr. Francisco Mola, OP. 1629       Second settlement in northwestern coast was established.…

Read More

July 21, 1947                           Vicar Provincial Leoncio Sierra proposed the establishment of a “Colegio apostolico” (minor seminary) with the intention of having, in later years, a novitiate for Filipino Recollects. March 31 – April 2, 1948       The Provincial Council meeting in Spain approved the plan. May 28, 1948                           Prior General, Fr. Feliciano de Ocio, signed the…

Read More

Mid-1600s                       The San Nicolas de Tolentino convent in Intramuros served as novitiate house for Recollects until 1941. Then, it was transferred to San Sebastian convent in Manila and, later, to Spain. 1970                                 Novitiate was completed at Seminario Mayor-Recoletos (now, CaReS), Baguio City. 1985                                 Novitiate house was transferred to Recoletos Formation Center, Mira-Nila, Quezon City. May…

Read More

Mid-1980s           The School chapel of San Pedro Academy-Recoletos was originally under the patronage of St. Rita of Cascia. December 12, 1997         Bishop Angel Lagdameo of Dumaguete elevated to the rank of chaplaincy with St. Ezekiel Moreno as its principal patron. A retreat center was attached to the chaplaincy building. June 8, 2004       Start of the…

Read More

FIRST ATTEMPT   1994       Father Prior General offered the new ministry in Africa to the St. Nicholas Province. 1995       Provincial representatives, Frs. Joseph Philip Trayvilla and Jose Ma. Juango flew to Freetown, Sierra Leone to talk with Bishop Giorgio Biguzzi of the Makeni Diocese. August 1, 1996   After careful study and considerations, the provincial council…

Read More

FIRST ATTEMPT 1994       Father Prior General offered the new ministrry in Africa to the St. Nicholas Province. 1995       Provincial representatives, Frs. Joseph Philip Trayvilla and Jose Ma. Juango flew to Freetown, Sierra Leone to talk with Bishop Giorgio Biguzzi of the Makeni Diocese. August 1, 1996   After careful study and considerations, the provincial council formally…

Read More

1621       A chapel where the basilica now stands was constructed in that land donated by Don Bernardino Castillo, a St. Sebastian devotee. It had the image of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel brought by the Recollects in 1618 from Mexico. 1639       During the Chinese uprising, the original chapel, made of wood, was set to fire.…

Read More

1946       Considered to be the start of the school’s first regular school year despite the fact that if first opened in 1941 and was immediately halted by war. 1947       Construction of the second building with two levels and Gothic architecture. 1951       The third building, also with Gothic style, rose from the ruins of the demolished…

Read More