Section for Initial Formation
Levels of Formation
There are three stages of formation proper: the years before the novitiate, the novitiate, and the years after profession. The last stage covers, for the clerics, the years immediately before promotion to the priesthood; for the non-clerics, the two years after their solemn profession.
The years before the novitiate include the special year dedicated to integration. The Pre-Novitiate, as it is sometimes called, concludes
and integrates the philosophical studies and prepares the formands for the Novitiate.
The distribution of houses in our Province according to the different stages of formation proper is as follows:
Years before the Novitiate
• High School (Aspirancy), Sto. Tomas de Villanueva –Recoletos Formation House (STV-RFH), San Carlos City, Negros Occidental; (for 3rd and 4th year students only).
• Senior High School (Aspirancy), Casiciaco Recoletos Seminary (CaReS), Baguio City
• College Seminary (Postulancy), Casiciaco Recoletos Seminary (CaReS), Baguio City
• Integration Year (Pre-Novitiate), Saint Ezekiel Moreno Novitiate - Recoletos, Antipolo City, Rizal.
• Novitiate, Saint Ezekiel Moreno Novitiate – Recoletos, Antipolo City, Rizal
Years after Profession
• Simple and Solemn professed (Theology), Recoletos Formation Center (RecoForCe), Mira-Nila Homes, T. Sora, Quezon City.
Aspects of the formative cycle:
a) The complete cycle of formation is done in our own centers.
We have communities that are both houses of formation and study centers.
b) High School and College studies arc recognized according to Philippine laws.
c) The theology center is affiliated to the Ecclesiastical Faculty of Theology of the Pontifical University of Sto. Tomas (Manila) for its Bachelors in Sacred Theology degree.
d) The theological program of the Recoletos School of Theology (RST) as a Graduate School of Theology, offering civil degrees on Master of Arts in Theology, is also recognized by the Commission on Higher Education in accordance with government laws.
The provincial council may determine otherwise if the circumstances so advise.
Fray Ian Anthony R. Espartero, OAR
Head, Section on Initial Formation